Baby car seats are winning parents heart nowadays. These are using for their little one’s safety in a car ride. You will find many of them with many models, but you have to choose the best Baby car seat for your precious baby. By attaching with main car seat, these baby car seats are used. When a baby in a car seat they feel more comfort & safe, so are parents.
However, all the car seats are not comfortable so you should know first before purchasing. You have to choose the best products for your dear baby. They need risk-free rides too where ever you take them to make sure they are feeling safe & comfortable.
8 Untold Tips For Baby In Car Seat or Choose The Best car seat
Tips # 1. Types of Car Seats To Know
Make sure you are purchasing not the most expensive car seat for your baby but the highest quality-full car seat. Because not all the expensive products are great in quality.
Did you decide which type of baby car seat you want? If no then know about the types of baby car seats first. Now government safety regulations are checking the new baby, car seats first before coming on the market. However, expensive seats are more comfortable to install & additional safety features.
Infant Car Seats: You can use this type of seat even if your baby is newborn! You can use until your baby turns 22 to 35 pounds. Facing rear of a car is its feature. You’ll need the Convertible Car seat after utilizing this infant car seat & after your baby becoming a little more prominent baby.
Convertible Car Seats: This time your baby needs a transformation from the rear seat to forward facing position. It means your baby is growing. This seat can carry up to 65 pounds. After reaching 65 pounds your baby will need the last stage to sit in a regular car seat.
Booster Car Seats: So this is the final stage to sit in the regular seats in your car! Though you can use your regular seats car’s belt won’t fit because your baby will be in lower than seat belt’s level.
So this Booster Car seat helps your baby to be at the same level as your seat belts. This seat can carry at least 40 pounds.
Tips # 2. How to Choose The Best Car Seats
Selecting the car model is so important as your baby needs comfort & safety. You have to be concerned about some specific things
Used Car Seats: Now this is something important to think about. You should check the condition & expiry date as well. Try to buy seats from a known & trustable person. But I would suggest you buy a new one or if you fix a small budget then get a cheaper one.
Fitting with a car: Fitting with your car seat is a mandatory thing or with more places, if you use with many. If your baby’s new seat doesn’t fit well then your baby in car seats will be risky. You can’t buy a baby car seat without knowing if this fits well with your car or not because every vehicle has different seats in different sizes. So, you have to know your car seat’s type & details first.
Sad but true in America only 20% parents can use their baby’s car seat properly! This is astonishing but true. So, you should choose a seat which isn’t tough to set up.
- It should be perfect in size according to your baby’s height, weight & age.
- You will be able to set up correctly in your car so that it doesn’t move.
- The belt of seats should stay in the perfect position so that your baby feel comfortable.
- The car seats arrange at a safer angle where it is inclined backward so that your baby’s head doesn’t fall forward.
However, you have to follow these & make sure the seat is perfect for you.
Tips # 3. When Baby Car Seat Can Face Forward
Are you confused about when your baby’s car seat can meet forward? Yes, a little bit difficult yet easy to understand. Already you know about the types of Baby Car Seats. Those are various according to baby’s age, weight & height. First of all, you have to be sure about your baby; then you will be able to know when & which seat your baby needs.
You should not be concerned about your baby’s age in this matter. Because height & weight varies. Your baby might be healthy or small or less healthy & tall. So do not get confused in this matter. Focus on your baby’s height & weight then decide the seat’s type.
There are some seats which instructed the height specifically. However, rear-facing seats are safest for babies; when your baby will become an older baby, then you can face your baby’s position forward.
- Group 0+1: newborn to 18kg
- Group 1: 9 - 18kg ( you will find both rear & front facing seats )
- Group 1,2: 9- 25kg ( rear facing but you will find the front facing too )
Tips # 4. Front Facing seats are dangerous or not
Rear-facing seats are safer than front facing seats, but front facing seats are not dangerous. You should focus on the fitting the seat with your baby. There should not be any gap between the seat’s edges & baby.
When your baby fills the seat fully then your baby becomes safe. Baby’s feet should touch the seat so that it doesn’t feel unsafe. This will make your baby feel-risk free & comfortable.
However, try to use rear-facing car seats because this will protect your baby better than front facing seats. Car seats decrease the amount of death & injuries in an accident, but rear facing is safer than front facing in this matter at least. Fitting rear seats are ideal seats for your baby to be exact.
Tips # 5. Baby trend car seat installation
Installation of your baby’s seat in your car is as important as choosing the seat. After choosing the main part is installation. First of all, you have to check your baby’s safety first & should be concerned about some points –
- Select the perfect location for the safety seat. You have to avoid the position with active airbags must.
- Pay attention to the harness shoulder strap placement for your baby.
- Correctly set the length.
- This safety seat is only for rear-facing seats.
- The seat belts should be used appropriately. Otherwise, you can’t ensure your baby’s safety.
Tips # 6. Installing Rear Facing Baby Car Seat
So now come to some practical works & be an expert. Simply follow some points –
- Eject the carrier
- Attach base with your car’s back seat
- Twist the seat belt with the base
- Put up the infant carrier
- Finally, check the angle
Tips # 7. Installing Front Facing Baby Car Seat
- Attach the strap to the car seat
- Lock the seat with tether
- If your car has latch system, then lock with latch alternatively
Tips # 8. Crying in Baby Car Seat
Sounds horrible right? You are driving at the same time you’re hearing your baby’s crying. Some baby fall asleep right after getting into the car & some babies feel uncomfortable so cannot enjoy their journey. This situation is so difficult for parents. It is so terrible to focus on driving & hear baby’s crying at the same time.
However, I faced the same situation then I decided that I have to focus on any one of these. Either I have to stop my baby’s crying or, I have to concentrate on driving because we should drive attentively at least for the sake of everyone’s safety. Do not even try to balance both. Security is main.
To get rid of this dilemma you should solve some problems –
- Pay attention to your baby’s health
- Make your baby feel secure with the car seat by taking the position in the house
- Carry some toys in your car & let your baby play in the car whenever you travel
- Hanging toys would be preferable as these catch attention of the babies most
- Hang a plastic chain in your car’s back seat & hang some new toys
- Hang a poster in your car’s back seat so that baby can watch this
- Play different types of songs in your car. I bought some CDs of baby rhymes.
- You can try playing soothing nature sound
- Go out when your baby is in a good mood
- Carry some teething toys so that they can chew something & stay busy
- Try using a mirror. You & your baby can see each other so your baby will feel better.
- If you find that sunshine is disturbing your baby, then you can use a sunshade in the car window
- Try to make the trip shorter or create more ins & outs
- Make sure your baby’s seat is perfect in size
- You can open the car window & let the fresh air enter in your car. This might make your baby feel better