In addition to looking for the cheapest or fastest cutter, I have always wanted a quality model, with a precise blade, durable, adjustable and that offers me the most accurate cuts possible. That is, the best tile cutter.
However, I can say that my search was not so simple because I always found very unstable models that vibrated too much or made a mess to keep a straight cut, and even others for which it was practically impossible to obtain spare parts and spare parts. parts.
What is the best tile cutter?
Speaking with several experts, I realized that the best economical tile cutter should have 3 things.
The first is a great precision to give me exact cuts in the materials I always use, which brings me to the second: versatility.
A multi-purpose mower is one that you can adjust so that you can cut various materials without difficulties.
The third is that it is comfortable, stable and easy to use, as this helps a lot in the speed to finish on time and with less fatigue.
Models like this are the ones you will see in the following comparative list.
Top 5: The Best Tile Cutters Reviews 2019
5. QEP 10900Q 35-inch manual tile cutter - The best cheap tile cutter
This cutter has a titanium-coated tungsten carbide slot wheel that easily cuts the tiles, leaving the edges smooth, uniform and ready for installation. Cut up to 35 inches of tile and 24 inches diagonally.
It comes equipped with a measuring guide that allows you to get a straight cut every time, reducing the number of wasted tiles that are not cut correctly.
- QEP is very affordable.
- It comes backed with a guarantee.
- Easy to use.
- It has a straight guide incorporated for straight cuts.
- The scoring wheel is very durable.
- Cross larger and heavier tiles.
4. SKIL 3550-02 7-inch Wet Tile Saw with Hydro Lock System - The best tile cutter for money
If a manual saw seems like too much work, you'll want to invest in an electric saw. This model gives you enough power to cut many different types of materials with a fraction of the effort and is still available at an excellent price.
- SKIL 3550 is affordable.
- Traverses all types of material, including granite tiles.
- It is very easy to use.
- Fits larger tiles.
- It is easy to clean.
- Make a variety of different cuts, including angled cuts.
3. DEWALT D24000S 10 Inch Heavy Duty Wet Tile Saw with Stand - The best tile cutter in general
Tile installers know how important it can be to have quality tools at work, and this great saw is the perfect complement to your work tools. This model from the DEWALT industry leader is ready for the most complex jobs. You can easily cut large and small tiles, even by making penetrating cuts around electrical outlets, miter cuts and other cuts for a perfect installation.
It also comes with a stand, so you do not have to use it on the floor or bring a separate table. Although it is resistant, it is light enough to transport it and configure it alone. This saw is fast, efficient, and durable and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- DEWALT is easy to use
- Cut easily through many materials
- It comes with its own stand.
- Very resistant and durable.
- Comes with a high-quality DEWALT blade
- It is easy to configure.
- Make a variety of different cuts.
- It has a great guarantee.
The carbide wheel and the cutting capacity of this tool give you a great practicality to make all kinds of modifications to the tiles that you are going to install.
One of its disadvantages, according to a couple of users, is that the purchase does not include an instruction manual specific enough to quickly master the machine, especially since, apparently, it requires a little assembly.
The Acorn POP 50-B model is one of the great classics of the market, which we can use to make a large scale, in a simple way and for a reasonable price.
This machine for cutting tiles allows cutting pieces of up to 53 centimeters in rector cuts, 38 x 38 centimeters for diagonal cuts and up to 1.2 centimeters in what refers to the depth of the product so that the product is really versatile for all kinds of jobs. Its cutting system is very resistant and easy to use, so it will accompany you for a long time.
And if all these characteristics are added to the adjusted price, we are facing the best tile cutter for the price-quality ratio at that time.
To continue incorporating the best quality and the best features into your own comparative, we offer you the positive and negative aspects of this model that is part of the best brand of tile cutters.
Manual cutter and electric cutter?
As we already know and its name indicates, manual cutters do not need the action of an engine for the execution of the cut.
The tool is based on a wheel with a rulina that will be responsible for scratching the ceramic and a separator that will perform the pressure for separation. Everything will be manually operated by one or some handles.
Note that for the correct execution of the cut it is necessary to choose the manual cutter suitable for each situation. In a next post we will talk about this.
As a rule, they are cheaper than electric cutters.
- They are very simple tools, which do not require practically preparation for their use, fact that will allow us to make cuts in a very fast and simple way.
- Its operation is very simple.
- They are little bulky and light.
- Being able to transport them very easily. This allows us to upload them to floors without an elevator, move them constantly, etc.
- Its storage is very easy, since it requires little space.
- They do not need electricity for its operation.
- Practically do not require cleaning and maintenance.
- They do not need water for cutting and do not generate any dust.
The electric cutters
As we already know, electric cutters are machines that work with electric current , and that are used to cut tiles with the help of a diamond disk suitable for the material to be cut.
- They allow us to make many cuts without effort, even in ceramics of great hardness or thickness.
- Suitable even for the thickest pieces.
- Fewer tiles are broken than with a manual cutter since the cut is much cleaner.
- Very safe, comfortable and easy to use tools.
- They offer us the possibility of making a much wider range of cuts than with manual cutters.
- They provide an excellent finish with a very clean cut.
- More expensive than manual cutters.
- We must have more care, cleaning and maintenance since they have an electric motor.
- More voluminous and heavy, which makes transport and storage a bit difficult?
- They require more preparation for its operation.
- It needs electricity for its operation, although we can always use an electric generator in the absence of an electrical network.
- Although in certain cases and with some discs they can work in dry, it is advisable to always work with water, since the results will be better.